CURRENTLY: SUMMER ESSENTIALS
As with e v e r y t h i n g in this life of mine, I got some stuff backwards. Specially my skin behavior in the different seasons. In this bounty of heat called summer, my skin gets dry. In the winter it's as shiny as a glass bowl. Even though I live in an island and calling those end of year months "winter" is a waste of time, let's just pretend it's winter for the sake of this post. So, moving on... Every couple of months I switch my routine to try and tame this backwards SITUATION. Current summer routine? Well, it goes a little something like slathering on ALL the moisture I can find.
Along with moisturizing like a beast, I also want to make sure the products I'm using aren't building up and are actually getting in there. Which is why I also need a nightly serum that makes itself useful in the resurfacing department. Oh, and the perfume? Let's not kid ourselves. Summer is after all the hottest "season". So, smelling my best is top priority.
Here's the breakdown:
- Every night I wash my face with either Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Scrub or Sunday Riley's Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm. For tough as nails mascara, the balm is a godsend.
- After that, I spread a pump of Drunk Elephant's T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. It's super powerful but doesn't feel like crazy chemicals on my skin.
- Then, it's moisturizing time! The awesome people at Garnier sent me their Skinactive Moisture Bomb and I am addicted to it. It absorbs into the skin in a flash and doesn't feel heavy. In the morning, my face feels dewy and plump. For my body, I'm an avid Osea fan. Their Undaria Algae Oil is what dreams are made of!
- Only two months into reaching the big 30s and it wasn't until last year that I started taking these under eye bags seriously. It's also been a whole year since using and repurchasing the Kiehl's Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment. Never looking back!
- Every morning before I walk out I make sure to smell like I crashed into a palm tree because, well... summer. So, I spritz Lait de Coco from Gourmand like I mean business. If I'm rocking shorts or a skirt, their Shimmering Body Oil is all sorts of amazing!
- Last but not least, rose water. I used to swear by the Mario Badescu one until out of nowhere it made me break out. Now, I've finished over two bottles of the Fresh Rose Floral Toner. It's more of a year round product but, it's specially my savior in the summer. Oh, and it lives in my fridge for an instant pick me up!
Do you change your routine every season? What are your essentials?